Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Splash!

So,here I go, taking the proverbial plunge into blogworld. May as well just dive on in!

Sunday afternoon I was working at mom's unloading a trailer full of dirt (mud after all the rain lately) when my ankle popped as I was loading the shovel. I kept at it as the trailer had to be emptied. Normal right? Not this time, by Monday morning I was unable to put any weight on it without pain. Sometimes its good to have connections, this time was no exception. My Dad moonlights in network services and has been helping a friend that is a podiatrist. Cha-ching! A quick call, 2hrs later and I'm in a walking cast for the next 3-4 weeks. with a torn anterior talio-fibular ligament. Thankfully its one of the few in the foot that heal on its own with immobilization, lucky me as I'm not fond of the knife.

Today's been a day of telling the story over and over as people ask and I'm really tired from hobbling around. The couch is calling my name tonight!

Oh and if you were wondering about the title of my blog, as a kid I was always the one that wanted to push the button, no matter where we were.. elevators, soda fountains, ketchup pumps.

Another thing, I've got a lot to learn as I'm just doing this quickly during down time at work. Can someone tell me how to modify the links and other stuff on the side of this page? Thanks

1 Comments:

Blogger Incognito said...

Welcome!!

Noticed your link on McMatt's blog and wanted to say hey... looks like everything is off to a great start!!

Good luck with the ankle!

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home