Friday, September 09, 2005

TGIF

Man, am I glad it is Friday! For a 4 day week, it sure has been very long and draining both physically and mentally. I had planned to go to Lake Geneva, WI this weekend to see a good friend but he has plans tomorrow and I wasn't all that enthused about a 5hr drive after work today. So, I'm going next weekend. Maybe by then I'll be out of the cast and won't have to hobble.. *crosses fingers*

I was a music major/business minor at SIUE. I play the French Horn and for years after I graduated I continued to play in their orchestra because they needed more horn players. Well, after 10 years of playing for them, I took two years off and was asked back this year. Last night was the first rehearsal I attended and I was immediately glad that I am making time for it again. I also play in BandTogether which is a local GLBT community band. I love the organization and have been around to watch its membership triple in the last 5 years. While I love all these people, sitting down with a bunch of music majors and playing for 2 hours is a completely different experience, and I am glad that I have the opportunity to do both.

Work is quieter today, and I have finally had time to clear some of the clutter off my desk. Hopefully I can post more this weekend. Be safe everyone, wherever you are :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home