Friday, September 02, 2005

What a week!

I'm really glad that Friday afternoon is finally here. I haven't been sleeping well this week for numerous reasons. It's been busy here at work, the foot crap is annoying, and there's Lori. Lori is my Mom's recently adopted 7 year old Australian Shepard (see below)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Those of you that know me know that we had an Aussie named Winston that passed away on May 15th of this year after a 7 month battle with Lymphosarcoma. We tried extensive chemo to no avail. Mom wasn't sure she was ready for a new dog just yet, but when Lori showed up on PetFinder because her owner had recently passed away from cancer, she felt the connection and we drove down to the Ozarks to adopt her. Soooooo, she had a small bump next to one of her nipples and has been getting bigger. Today she had surgery to have it removed. There is a 50/50 chance that it is cancer. I really hope it isn't. It was hard enough the first time!! We'll have the pathology results in a week or so. Keep your fingers crossed.

In other news, I think the trip to Champaign is off as Mom needs my brother down here to mow and do the chores I normally do for her since I can't. Tonight is dinner and a movie with my roommate then off tomorrow to Mom's for a family-ish weekend :)

Some people have asked what a walking cast looks like, so here it is:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats a hot cast yo. Coworker told me yesterday his dog had 2 tumors on her titties. Vet said one might be cancerous but other was ok to leave. So they did surgery the next week... but took the wrong tumor lol... so now poor dog has to go thru it again... at no cost to owner tho so its all good... mebby i wont be taking any pups to the stl humane society lol.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home