Saturday, October 01, 2005

Three's

We've all heard and used the expression 'bad things always come in threes.' First it was the metal in my tire that led to 4 new tires. Then the lawnmower throwing a rod and costing an arm and a leg to repair. Number three happened today. Mom, her dog Lori and I were in her car on the way out of town to see my brother. I had backed out of a parking spot at the grocery store, put it in D and looked to the left just in time to see a green Town Car backing right at me. Boom. It isnt too bad, a crease or two, a few dents and scratches. The woman that hit us was very nice and has insurance so it will not be my nickel. Here's the irony. We stopped there because I had bad luck Thursday night unloading my trunk. An $8 bottle of Hot Pickled Asparagus broke through the bottom of the bag and shattered at my feet on the street. They exchanged it with no problems, but still, that was the only reason I was there to begin with. Shit happens, but that is the 3rd time her car has been hit in a parking lot, once when parked and twice when I've been driving. Moral of the story: silver cars must really be hard for others to see!

Anyway, its a nice night here in Champaign. We went to dinner and then Meijer and now watching a movie that I'm half watching. Working on the deck and making a good dinner tomorrow, then heading back. Hope everyone's having a good weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home