Thursday, September 22, 2005

Expensive lesson..

As you all know, I've been in a cast for the better part of a month now. I'm responsible for mowing my Mom's lawn as well as my own. My brother has come home a couple weekends to help her around the house since I can't, and her neighbor has been helping out too. Last weekend while my brother was mowing our lawnmower made some nasty noises and died. Mom and I split the cost of the mower I wanted a little over 2 years ago. Needless to say, it was expensive but I am happy with it. Turns out I've been checking the oil wrong and it threw a rod. It's going to cost me $350+ to fix. Sucks. So, everyone go home and read the manual on your lawnmower. Apparently on mine you are not supposed to screw the oil dipstick back in when dipping it back in to check the level. I was checking it regularly but because I was screwing it all the way in, it was showing full when it really wasn't. Fucking sucks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home