Thursday, December 08, 2005

Snow!

St. Louis is getting its first snow of the season! We are projected to get 2-4 inches by this afternoon. Not a major storm but it is still gonna slow people down. I used my 4WD coming in today because the roads were already covered. I need someone to explain exactly why it is so hard to make a tight turn in 4WD. I understand that it has something to do with the front wheels spinning at different speeds but it isn't making sense just yet.

This is a busy week and I can't wait for parts of it to be over. The SIUE Orchestra/Choral concerts are tonight and tomorrow night so dress rehearsals were Tuesday and Wednesday nights. I also have Band Together rehearsal on Wednesdays and that concert is next Saturday so I felt I needed to be both places last night. I've used a tank of gas in the Beast since Monday and am exhausted, but I think I've kept everyone happy. Concerts tonight and tomorrow night, then a mini-concert at MCC on Sunday morning with Christmas decorating/shopping mixed in the rest of the weekend.

After all the rehearsals last night some friends met me for a drink or three at Crusoe's, a bar a couple blocks from the house. This bar is typical south city, you never know what you're gonna walk into. Last night was no exception, fo' sho. This morning she called me to say that as they were headed back home by the old stadium around 12:30a fireworks went off and apparently there was a large crowd watching the last of the stadium fall. It's gone now. No more big wrecking ball. Read the story HERE. Below is a pic from the webcam this morning.

busch 12805

Has anyone else been keeping up with Noah's Arc on LOGO? The season finale is next week, and I'm mighty glad to have Moxi :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home