Thursday, November 10, 2005

What I've learned since turning 30.

These may not necessarily be in the order they occured.

1) When you are really craving a particular fall treat (aka pumpkin pie), make sure that all your ingredients have not expired before mixing everything else. Rotten evaporated milk, yeah, not so nice.

2) Fall colds suck! The weather here has been 80 one day (Monday) and 40 (right now) the next. I have been congested and coughing for two weeks and I want stable weather!

3) Having never owned a vehicle as large as the Titan, I'm very quickly learning which stores have small parking spots. Yesterday I went to Whole Foods to get a refill for my water cooler at home, only to discover that if I park in the spots as designed I would not be able to open my doors. I guess I'm destined to take up two spots in the back or bring someone with a handicapped hangtag with me when I shop there. That said, I'm still loving being up high and also the Sirius radio I had installed.

4) I'm nearing 1000 visits. My Flickr site is doing well, I've been good about taking pictures and updating it too. I've even had random comments from people there about my dogs. Charlie and Matt have added me to their list of Bloggers, and I've been meeting new people because of this! How awesome is that? I can only hope that my random thoughts and photos I post out here keep people coming back.

5) They actually make mini-fridges that run on 12V power. My Titan has a 12V power supply in the truck bed. Every year when we drive to Michigan for Thanksgiving we have to buy at least 10 Best's Kosher Salami for my Uncles since they can't find it anywhere but here. I can't believe I'm actually considering buying one. A cooler would be just fine, but how cool would that be to have a mobile fridge! Still thinking about that one.

6) Be responsible for your actions. Several weeks ago I misplaced the battery charger for my Canon. I have only had it a couple months, and actually am still on the first charge on both batteries after over 300 pictures but I did not want to get up to MI and go to shoot a picture and it die. Lesson learned: Keep it in the same place, and remember that it cost you $45 to replace it.

That's about all for now, simple days lately. Happy leaf raking everyone!

2 Comments:

Blogger August said...

I'm totally addicted to Whole Foods's reverse osmosis machines as well. Yummy water... Anyhow, regarding parking: WF designs most of its stores so they specifically do not have huge lots out in front of them, like most big box stores do... My suggestion: Just take up two spaces. Which store did you go to?

12:02 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Yeah, ultimately thats what I do, just hog two spots and walk a good distance. That area of town is always busy everywhere. I went to the Brentwood Store in St. Louis.

1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home